Some of our rental canoes – different models for different kinds of trips and water for 2019. The 17ft canoe is better and faster for longer trips. Ask about availability, and please book well in advance.
On Flatwater (lakes, protected inlets and slow moving rivers): First day $48.00, Two days $75.00, Three Days $100.00, Seven days $180.00 , all plus taxes. Included are paddles,PFDs (floatation jackets) rope bag and bailer, and tie downs for car-topping.
Renters often ask us where are good places to paddle in the lower mainland. Here are a few suggestions:
- Indian Arm– out of Deep Cove in North Vancouver.
– one hour destination would be Twin Islands, on the east side of the Arm.
then there are stops on the way to Granite Falls Camping-plan 4 hours to paddle
- Widgeon Creek – near Grant’s Narrows at the outlet of Pitt Lake
-a short paddle to a camping park, access by water only. Optional
hike to Widgeon Falls or Widgeon Lake.
- Pitt Lake – a long tidal lake. Watch for wind and keep to the channel when tide is low, or you will go aground in mud flats. Thermal winds due to hot land surface with air coming of the cooler water will be at maximum by noon to 3pm. Paddle early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid wind and waves.
- Alice Lake just north of Squamish has a camping park and protected paddling on a small lake.
- Hayward Lake above the Stave Dam, just off the #7 Highway (the Lougheed Hwy).
- Alouette Lake, in Golden Ears Park, North of Maple Ridge. You need to paddle to campgrounds for good locations.
- Ross Lake, south of Hope. A long gravel road, but beautiful lake tht crossed the US Border.
- Anderson Lake, north of Pemberton, in a dry zone or rain shadow.
Whitewater: Paddlers must qualify w/ skill and be in a group of 2 or more canoes: First day $70.00, Two days $110.00, Three days $150.00, Seven days $290.00, all plus taxes. Included are floatation bags, paddles w/ spare,PFDs (floatation jackets),rope bag, helmets, bailer and tie-downs for car-topping.
and one Nimbus Hyak, 19ft 3in -2 person with 2 small hatches – good day paddler or compact overnighter. There is no centre hatch,. Call for rates.